Thursday, October 14, 2010

Time to Study is CRUCIAL!!!

Dearest readers, my apologies for not being able to write for so long. School is just, well, like I said in the previous post, overwhelming. This week I had not one, but TWO exams to take. I know that there were people in my classes who had up to four exmas that week, but still, two exams, one being a final, is hard. It was hard too because I worked the night before my pathophysiology exam and stayed up until one cramming for it. Let me tell you, I did not fare well, not at all. I ended up getting a 72% on the exam. That's not a C, that's a D. It shocked me so much. I am not used to getting D's. I had actually walked away from that exam feeling somewhat confident, so why did I do so terribly? I don't know, that's why I am making an appointment to talk to my professor about it. I cannot let that happen again. I took my nursing fundamentals final yesterday. I actually felt somewhat confident about that, but knowing me, I could have failed that one too. Like I said it's overwhelming. Nursing school isn't easy. I don't have much time to go out with friends, if I go out too much, this is what happens, I don't do well on tests and I start to panic. The next patho exam is on Pulmonary diseases. There are two lengthy chapters that I will start reading today. I need to catch up, and stay ahead. Always remember to divide your time wisely. Its a smart move.

4 comments:

  1. Aw. 72% isn't a D, is it? That's a C at my university and that was the class average from our first pathophysiology semester class! Maybe that makes you feel better. Don't beat yourself up!

    I can totally relate to what you're going through, but believe me, it will be so worth it in the end. I can finally see the light and am so proud of myself for pushing through nursing school. You're right, it isn't easy, but it will strengthen you in so many ways.

    I haven't had time to post on here, but if you'd like to add me to facebook, I am on there all the time (too much actually!) You should be able to search me as Becky Bissonnette or my email: cutiepie004@hotmail.com. You don't have to add me, but i just thought it would be nice to support each other!

    Take care :)

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky :) I added you as a friend! I hope we can talk more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be okay! <3 I love you and I KNOW you will do amazing!

    ReplyDelete