Thursday, November 4, 2010

I'm Just Tired

This is so tough! The whole school thing, I mean. Who knew that clinical would be so HARD! After my clinical rotation at the hospital today, I went home and talked to my sister online. I burst into tears the moment I saw her. Why? Because right now, I HATE clinical rotation. It's tearing me apart. I have basically lost every bit of confidence I had. I'm always forgetting to do something. So far, in the three clinicals I have had, I've had some sort of difficulty with my patient. 1st patient: basically wasn't on the unit the whole time I was there. I got to see her once. 2nd patient: The family decided to put her on hospice that day, so they were in the room crying for most of the shift. How can I do a holistic assessment when that's happening? I really... can't? 3rd patient: Didn't think that anyone knew how sick she was, refused to talk to me about anything, yelled at me for trying to do my assessment, and yelled at her husband when he tried to talk to me. Is it obvious that I'm a bit overwhelmed??? I have to do a holistic assessment on my third patient. I worked on that for about three hours after I cried my eyes out. I think I MIGHT have enough information for this. But I'm just exhausted right now. I didn't even get to do my Med Pass today. I was supposed to do that. It's bringing me down. I'm going to talk to my clinical instructor, hopefully she can find a nice patient for me for next time. I'm not saying that I don't like the challenge, but I feel like I'm not learning enough, and I'm not doing as much as the rest of the people in my clinical group. I feel unorganized and scared. Does anyone have any pointers for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment