Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 1 and 2

So, finally I'm back. I started school on Monday. My first class was Pathophysiology. I really like my professor so far. He is entertaining, but he knows how to get to the point when he's teaching. I have a feeling this is going to be a very hard class. I loved physiology, but when I was taking it, it was the only class I had to worry about. This semester I have four classes, so I'm going to have to work my butt off in each and every one. We mostly went over the syllabus and then the professor lectured. Most of the material that he lectured on isn't even going to be on the test. It's a little bit confusing. After my patho class I had a Nursing 112 class. It is a lab class that prepares the students for their clinicals. Basically it was just an orientation on Monday. The nursing educators talked to us about the basic things, what books we will need, and we looked at the uniforms. These uniforms are $54 just for the TOPS! Thank goodness we aren't required to buy the bottoms as well. On Tuesday I had my Nursing Fundamentals class. I think I'm really going to like that class. The book is a bit wordy, but so far I don't mind reading it. Students who have gotten into this program before me told me and other students that there is a lot of reading in the class. I didn't really know what they were talking about until I went to class this week. Now I have about 3 chapters of reading for EACH class!!! On top of that they would like us to read ahead! I already feel like I'm getting behind. I've started working the day shift at the hospital,so it doesn't give me a chance to study at all. I'm going to have to work extra hard! Wish me luck! I'm going to need it!
Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment