Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Homework, Homework, and more Homework

So nursing school doesn't start until Monday, but I already have ASSIGNMENTS!!! Before my nursing fundamentals class begins I have to read three chapters and complete assignments in the study guide. I don't mind it too much. It gives me something to do. The book that we are using in the Nursing Fundamentals class is called Fundamentals of Nursing by Potter and Perry. I'm not sure if any of my readers used or are using the same book. If so, is it a good book? Some text books are easy to read and some are so wordy that it is hard to get my head around. I believe I also have assigned reading for my Pathophysiology class, but I have to double check on that. I've been working a lot, so it has been difficult for me to find time to do these readings. I'm almost done with chapter 1... I know I will make sure to do these assignments before the school year begins. That gives me four more days to do it all. But I have time off of work, so I think I should be okay. Before the school year starts, all of the nursing students need to get a physical exam, TB test, Titers drawn, etc. Thankfully I talked to a nurse and she said that I don't have to do any of it besides the TB test because I got it all done for the job that I started in March. If you don't know already, I work as a PCT (Patient Care Tech.) at a hospital. Learning that I don't have to get the physical exam and the other things gets a lot off my shoulders. Those things can amount to a lot of money. I still have things that I need to buy, like the scrubs... and an expensive practice kit... But all this is going to be worth it! Nurses are paid well and they are needed! I am so excited for school to start on Monday! I just have to get this homework done.
Thanks for reading! I appreciate all your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment