Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to My Beginning

These next two years are going to change my life. I can just feel it hanging over me, a new outfit, ready to envelope me once I am finished with the NCLEX (the nursing licensure exam). I know that I am going to have almost no free time during these next few years. People keep saying that all I am going to be doing is studying, that's pretty much all I am doing besides work, and the occasional distraction. But I also think, that as a nursing student, I cannot neglect myself. Yes, school is hard, it is stressful, I am going to have to study a lot, and yes, study group will be my social life for a while. But it is important to give myself a break. Why have a stopped doing yoga as much as I used to? This stress that is surrounding me, all these stressors, are wearing me thin, THIS is the time for me to utilize my breath, to go back to my Yoga practice, to find my solace on the mat once again. It could be just 15 minutes of Yoga during a break from studying. But it is so important for me, so I need to keep it up. It will help me keep things off my mind, and focus more on my school work. Starting next week I am going to go to a Yoga class once a week. The class is a an hour and a half, and I think that is great. It will do me a tremendous amount of good. When I was thinking about things to stop doing while I was in school, Yoga never crossed my mind. This is an essential part of my life, of my well being. For you other readers, I recommend that you choose something that you love to do, that calms you (not drugs). Give yourself a break. It's just as important as studying every little detail of nursing, or whatever it is that you are persuing.
Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment