Monday, September 20, 2010

Numbers

Today was my first dosage calculations exam. Math has always been a stronger subject for me, but the fact that I haven't taken a math class since high school made the dosage calculations difficult for me to comprehend. It's basically all algebra. Algebra is easy, but taking a dosage that a doctor ordered and looking at what the pharmacy gave you, and then figuring out how many tablets/mLs/units/grains that you have to administer to a patient is a little difficult. I may have been stressing a little too much of my dosage calculations but I believe it was for a good cause. We had to get a hundred percent in order to pass the test. Thank goodness I did get a hundred. Otherwise I would have to do it again, but before the test I was stressing out. It didn't help that about an hour before, I was trying to figure out a problem and one of my classmates was yelling the answers at me and trying to dumb me down. I wasn't the only one who felt that way. She wasn't even explaining the method in the correct manner. Impatient people with huge ego's really shouldn't try to teach their classmates the material. I would have done much better without her help. Stress-wise anyway. I'm not the type of person who doesn't mind being yelled at by someone who thinks they know every answer in the book. It's just not fair to treat people as if they are beneath you because they aren't understanding a subject. There is no way I am ever going to study with that girl again. Thank you very much. Okay, enough of my venting. The exam is done and over with. I passed. That's all that matters!

Thank you for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment