Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Nursing Exam #1

Today I took my very first nursing exam. Let me tell you, I studied a lot this weekend, well, I could have studied more, but sometimes distractions are much more to my liking than the studying part. I studied a lot for this test. The exam was on Nursing theory, Nursing Philosophy, and some evidence based practice, and some nursing history. I got to the testing area twenty minutes ahead of time, made sure I had two pencils, read the rest of my twenty five page packet on Neuman's System of Nursing, and waited for the test to begin. The test was only seven pages long, and I don't think the material was very difficult. It's just the way the questions and answers are worded that is difficult to understand. When you are in a biology class, the answers to a question are pretty much black and white. In nursing, the answers can be very similar, so we have to choose the best possible answer. There were a couple of questions that I mused over, but I just decided to keep going. I'm not one of those test takers who likes to double and triple check. So, I was the first one finished with my test. I'm wondering whether or not that is a good thing. I don't like to stress over the test afterwards and discuss it with the rest of my peers, to me that is torture. What is done is done, it can't be changed, so I am refusing to discuss my answers until I get my exam back, and see how I did. I really am not sure how well I did. It's making me nervous. But now I have to crack down and study for my Pathophysiology exam. There is no time for fooling around. I have a feeling I am going to make enemies with these next two years, I will curse the nursing program for limiting my life. But I know that it is well worth it. To anyone else who is about to take a nursing test and who has already taken a nursing test. Good luck! We will all make it! As always, thanks for reading!

1 comment: