Thursday, September 23, 2010

You Can Acheive Anything If You Truly Believe

The title of my latest post may confuse you. Maybe not, but I want to send a message out there, to everyone. If you really really want something, then you will get it. How do people achieve their goals? How do people get from point A to point B? It's simple, when you want something badly enough, you will get it. That doesn't mean that you can just sit in your recliner and wish as hard as you can to be an olympic skater, it's not that easy. You have to actually work towards a goal. Today my twin sister found out that she was accepted into the top University in Poland. How did this happen? How did she go from an average student in high school to one of the best students I know now? Because this is what she wants. She has been working so hard to get into that school for about a year now. She excells in school and its because she tries. One can't get by in life without trying. If we didn't try, we wouldn't have all the literature there is in this world, the beautiful buildings that surround us, the political leaders that we have in our world (good or bad). These things as well as everything else came from effort. What I'm trying to say, is that you can't get what you want just wishing for it. You have to work for it. The same goes for a test. Lets say you have an exam in a week. You can't just sit around hoping for an A, 9 out of 10 times doesn't help. You have to put the work in, you have to give effort. Frank Lloyd Wright said "I know the price of success: dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen."

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post...I really needed it today. I received my acceptance letter for nursing school today and am just about as nervous as I am excited, lol! I truly understand it's going to take a lot of hard work and dedication, but it will be well worth it when I finish!
    Love reading your blog, keep up the good work!!
    Jaimi B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting accepted into nursing school! Just work hard at it and you will do fine! Motivation is key!

    ReplyDelete